OK, I said.
But then you start to think: thoughts like the following, here presented in random order:
- I am a huge fan of co-operative learning and the course is largely driven by collaborative small group tasks;
- It is very important to me to create a warm, supportive and lively learning environment, using food, music, plants and other tangible devices; important features include class meetings where we sit in a circle and share reactions to recent material, concerns about tasks and assignments, and so forth;
- I use a lot of handouts; a lot;
- The course culminates in a Trade Fair, a highly interactive environment where student teams present their projects;
- I like to use games for purposes such as review;
- Laughter is a vital part of the learning process.